Hints and tips
Some hints and tips for entrants:
- If using a tripod mounted camera, try using longer lines (e.g. 100') to set the kite further back and give yourself more in-frame flying space. Also, set the camera so that only a small amount of the ground is in-frame - the aim is to try and maximise the amount of sky available to keep the kite in-frame!
- Set your video camera to "infinite focus" if it has such a setting. This will avoid the kite going in and out of focus as the camera tries to adjust to its movement.
- If your video has been recorded in an interlaced format (e.g. 1080i), look for a "deinterlace" feature in your video processing software and enable it.
- Use a video format that is common, e.g. as .wmv, .mov, .avi. Remember that your video needs to be viewable by VLC to be accepted.
- Record your video in the highest possible quality that your camera allows. The quality can always been down-sampled to fit within 25MB when the video is rendered by your video editing software.
- If possible, shoot your video on a clear sunny day - a bright blue sky serves as a positive backdrop for your flying.
VF32 scores due: 14.12.2016 12:00 VF32 scoring closed!